This is where Oskari begun
In 2010 a national geoportal was drafted by the National Land Survey of Finland. And they went open source. Hence the first baby steps towards creating Oskari were taken.
Now Paikkatietoikkuna has hundreds of map layers and tens of map producers all over Finland. National Land Survey of Finland has a core team of developers who are constantly upgrading the service and creating new tools.
Paikkatietoikkuna was initially built as a viewing service for INSPIRE data but it hosts multiple other map layer as well. It t is also used as a test bed for creating Thematic maps, analysis tools, embedded maps and 3D visualisation tools. Most of these tools trickle into the core code base for Oskari.
- 3D and Oskari3D project is moving one dimension at a time 3D […]
- Paikkatietoikkuna – the national portal to geospatial information in FinlandThis is where Oskari begun In 2010 a national […]
- 3DVISU – Oskari goes 3D?3D mapmodule to Oskari? Oskari map platform has been […]
- GIS education portal PaikkaOppi turned 10 yearsTurning ten and Oskari based A Finnish GIS […]
- Time series animations, thematic maps, terrain height profileNew features for Arctic SDI & Paikkatietoikkuna […]