Organisations willing to support the development
The list of Oskari utilizers and developers has indeed grown large. In Finland a group of Oskari project owners have joined forces and facilitate the Oskari Joint Development Forum (JDF). If you want to join the JDF in the membership fee is 5000€/year. The juridical partner is National Land Survey of Finland. The JDF organises member events and markets Oskari software. The members of the JDF receive technical support and integration guidance for their developed code from the NLSFI. Oskari communication coordinator works for the JDF members.
If your organisation is developing or interested in Oskari work-feel free to join in as an Oskari organisational member - it is totally free!
Oskari Joint Development Forum members in 2019
- National Land Survey of FinlandNational Land Survey has multiple Oskari based services and also acts as the coordinator for the Finnish Oskari Joint Development Forum. […]
- City of HelsinkiCity of Helsinki is part of Oskari community. […]
- Sitowise LtdSitowise provides its customers the full range of […]
- Finnish Heritage AgencyCultural environment services built with Oskari […]
- City of TurkuCity of Turku is involved in Oskari development through GI cooperation Network in Southwest Finland called Lounaispaikka […]
- Natural Resources Institute FinlandLuke has published in 2017 a Biomass Atlas map portal with Oskari. Eeva Lehtonen represents LUKE in Oskari JDF. […]
- Statistics FinlandDevelopment of statistical data utilization and thematic mapping properties in Oskari. […]
- Population Register CentreSuomi.fi map services utilize Oskari for creating public sector digital services. […]
- City of TampereDevelopment and utilization of Oskari in internal & external map services. […]
- Helsinki Region Environment, HSYHSY utilizes Oskari for open data download service and as internal service inside the organisation. […]
- The Finnish Transport Infrastructure AgencyThe download service has been developed utilizing Oskari. […]
If you want to join the Oskari network as a organizational member describe your development ideas on Oskari software here. It is totally free to be part of the Community. Organisational members have the opportunity to apply for the JDF as annual representatives of the community members. The new community members are elected every spring. Read more how to be part of the community.
Allready now we have lot's of organisation involved! We welcome also members from outside Finland 😉
City of Helsinki (JDF member)
City of Joensuu "The aim of City of Joensuu is to utilize Oskari map service as a platform for geospatial knowledge management." - Jarno Kinnunen
City of Tampere (JDF member)
City of Turku (JDF member)
Codento Ltd "At Codento we firmly believe in the power of open-source technologies such as Oskari. Our objective is to achieve cost-effective software development. We deliver maintainable software with a long and healthy life span. Codento provides both software engineering and GIS expertise."
Finnish Heritage Agency (JDF member)
Gispo Ltd "We offer training on Oskari based services and facilitate crowdfunding efforts for Oskari. We are currently providing the Oskari communication coordinator activities for the JDF." - Pekka Sarkola, Gispo Ltd
Helsinki Environmental Services (JDF member)
Infotripla Ltd "We offer geospatial interfaces about road information, like weather stations and traffic jams, and Oskari works as a client for our data" - Juha Laakso, Infotripla Ltd
Cinia Ltd "Many of our software projects have map based functionalities, so it is good to have Oskari as an option!", Kimmo Alamartimo, Cinia Ltd
National Land Survey of Finland (JDF member, technical coordinator)
National Land Survey of Island "Oskari is used as a mapviewer and connection tool to our National Geodata Portal in relation with National Spatial Data Infrastructure and INSPIRE." - Hafliði Sigtryggur, NLS-IS Magnússon
Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke) (JDF community member) "Luke published a Biomass Atlas in spring 2017 based on Oskari with new component development. Oskari functionalities are further utilized in Baltic Forbio project with Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia" - Eeva Lehtonen, Luke
Nitor Creations Ltd
PaikkaOppi "We are establishing a new version of learning environment for GIS called PaikkaOppi using Oskari based service" Virpi Hirvensalo, City of Turku
Population Register Centre (JDF member)
Regional Council of Southwest Finland (JDF membership shared with City of Turku)
SC5 Online Ltd
Sitowise Ltd (JDF community member) "Sitowise Oskari services include consulting, training and software development. Oskari is also used in Sitowise products, such as the map-based participatory survey tool Harava." - Jan Lindbom, Sitowise Ltd
Statistics Finland (JDF community member)
Tampere University of Technology "We have expertise in management of large data masses and imagery analysis and provide courses on GIS, image handling and pattern recognition. Now Oskari is being installed as part of MIKÄ DATA project where data based services are created for farmers." - Petri Linna
Ubigu Ltd "We offer consulting, installation and maintanence services for Oskari" Marko Kauppi, Ubigu
Väylä Finnish Transport Infrastructure Agency) (JDF member)
XAMK "We want to utilize Oskari in our research and education when suitable project needs web based GIS solution. In education we use Oskari as an example of open source development and map based services. We hope to utilize Oskari even more in the future" Esa Hannus, XAMK.