People behind the software
We are the Oskari Community: growing group of organizations, individuals and developers putting their interests together to create more fuctionalities to Oskari software. The start of the community was in 2014 when a network for Oskari users was established in Finland. Now we have partners all over the world!
Read community goals and tasks and join the development.
Organisations willing to support the development
The list of Oskari utilizers and developers has indeed grown large. In Finland group of Oskari project owners have joined forces and facilitate the Joint Development Forum for Oskari. If your organisation is developing or interested in Oskari work-feel free to join in as a organisational member - it is totally free!
Oskari Joint Development Forum members in 2018
- City of TurkuCity of Turku is involved in Oskari development through GI cooperation Network in Southwest Finland called Lounaispaikka
- Sitowise LtdSitowise provides its […]
- National Land Survey of FinlandNational Land Survey has multiple Oskari based services and also acts as the coordinator for the Finnish Oskari Joint Development Forum.
- City of HelsinkiCity of Helsinki is part of Oskari community.
- Ubigu LtdUbigu Ltd offers consulting, installation and maintenance services on Oskari.
- Helsinki Region Environment, HSYHSY utilizes Oskari for open data download service and as internal service inside the organisation.
- Population Register CentreSuomi.fi map services utilize Oskari for creating public sector digital services.
- The Finnish Transport AgencyThe download service has been developed utilizing Oskari.
- City of TampereDevelopment and utilization of Oskari in internal & external map services.
- Statistics FinlandDevelopment of statistical data utilization and thematic mapping properties in Oskari.
If you want to join the Oskari network as a organizational member describe your development ideas on Oskari software here.
City of Helsinki (JDF member)
City of Tampere (JDF member)
City of Turku (JDF member)
Finnish Heritage Agency (JDF member)
Gispo Ltd "We offer training on Oskari based services and facilitate crowdfunding efforts for Oskari. We are currently providing the Oskari communication coordinator activities for the JDF." - Pekka Sarkola, Gispo Ltd
Helsinki Environmental Services (JDF member)
Lappeenranta University of Technology
Liikennevirasto (Finnish Traffic Agency) (JDF member)
National Land Survey of Finland (JDF member, technical coordinator)
Natural Resources Institute Finland (Luke) "Luke published a Biomass Atlas in spring 2017 based on Oskari with new component development. Oskari functionalities are further utilized in Baltic Forbio project with Finland, Sweden, Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia" - Eeva Lehtonen, Luke
Nitor Creations Ltd
PaikkaOppi "We are establishing a new version of learning environment for GIS called PaikkaOppi using Oskari based service" Virpi Hirvensalo, City of Turku
Population Register Centre (JDF member)
Pulakka Lab Ltd
Regional Council of Southwest Finland (JDF membership shared with City of Turku)
Sitowise Ltd (JDF community member) "Sitowise Oskari services include consulting, training and software development. Oskari is also used in Sitowise products, such as the map-based participatory survey tool Harava." - Jan Lindbom, Sitowise Ltd
Statistics Finland (JDF community member)
Tampere University of Technology "We have expertise in management of large data masses and imagery analysis and provide courses on GIS, image handling and pattern recognition. Now Oskari is being installed as part of MIKÄ DATA project where data based services are created for farmers." - Petri Linna
Ubigu Ltd (JDF community member) "We offer consulting, installation and maintanence services for Oskari" Marko Kauppi, Ubigu
XAMK "We want to utilize Oskari in our research and education when suitable project needs web based GIS solution. In education we use Oskari as an example of open source development and map based services. We hope to utilize Oskari even more in the future" Esa Hannus, XAMK.